Saturday 10 March 2018

March is green


This is the month to celebrate green, and the Rainbow ScrapChallenge is playing right along, the colours  that Angela has picked for the month of March are yellow or lime greens.  I tried my best sorting through my greens and this is what I found to make my Cog quilt blocks. 
I’m not really sure how I feel about these cog quilt blocks, my friend Sandra is working on a Cog quilt in blue/grey/lavenders and I like how hers are turning out and my friend Diane has made one from a fat quarter bundle also very pretty, however I feel mine are a bit of a scrappy mess.  Hopefully they will all come together as I get all the colours of the rainbow.  Diane suggested that I could put incorporate the rejects into the back of the quilt, probably a good idea.

This is my favourite of the lime/yellow green group, the centre is actually a very dark purple.  
So many quilters are participating in the RSC, have a look at their projects this week here.  Thank you for stopping by to see what I am playing with this week.

7 comments:

  1. I think this block looks fine and not a mess at all. Perhaps it's not scrappy enough for your taste; sometimes with "scrappy" you can say "the more the merrier". Probably when all the colours are worked you'll like it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block, it's going to be a great quilt! Wait for the other colors to add more blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a mess at all. You're comparing your blocks to something close, but not the same. Be fair and give your blocks a chance! (And is guess your friends are doing the same as you are...I know I struggle and do that!) It's going to be a wonderful quilt, you'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not every block is a favorite, but I think they look great as a collection. Hopefully they will grow on you as your rainbow expands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be a cozy quilt whether you like all the blocks or not!! Try not to judge until all of the blocks are made. You might be pleasantly surprised when they are all laid out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I think they will make a wonderful quilt! I think the blocks look good together. Keep going! I made a scrappy one with a thin sashing between the blocks and I like how it turned out.
    http://saneandcrazy.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-birthday-girl-quilt.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these blocks! I've had groups of blocks I thought were a scrappy mess, too, and then pulled them together with sashing and cornerstones, and loved the effect. Hope you will keep going with them!

    ReplyDelete