Saturday 10 February 2018

Purple High Fives

February’s colours for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge RSC is purple and lavender, so my first project for the month are these High Five quilt blocks.


My idea is to make one large block and ten small blocks for each month of the RSC, and then hopefully I’ll have about the right amount for a quilt top.

You can find the High Five quilt and many other scrappy quilt patterns in the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.

This winter we have had record amounts of snow in Calgary, here is a picture of my back yard, my garden chairs are nearly covered in show, and the trees are full as well.  It is very pretty and so clean looking.


For a little eye candy and inspiration check out what others are doing as Soscrappy.

Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood. ~ Andy Goldsworthy

8 comments:

  1. I love the days after a snowstorm when the sun comes out - then it really is a pretty sight! Those are also pretty purple blocks - I really like that design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great purple blocks! And beautiful picture on the snow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I thought we had a lot if snow! The blocks look great and are going to make a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blocks out in the yard look like they are chilled to their bones. That quote is so true. Snow turns us all back into children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to have such pretty snow as a backdrop for you quilts. Great progress. It will be a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete