Saturday 3 February 2018

Purple Cogs

Purple/lavender is the colour for February for the RainbowScrap Challenge (RSC), so I have started the month with the purple cog quilt blocks.
 

I realize when taking the picture that one of the blocks looks more (hot) pink, however this fabric actually blended better with all my purple/violet fabrics than with pink.  Also the very dark purple is looking almost black, here is another picture with some sunlight.
 

After doing the cogs blocks in blues for January, I realize that it is good to keep the corner cogs more equal in tone to the other cogs, so I tried to be conscious of that when making my purple blocks.  The Cogs pattern is by Leila Gardunia and you can find it in the Summer 2015 edition of Fons & Porter’s Scrap Quilts.


You can see what other Rainbow and purple projects are on the go at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Great progress on your cogs. There really are a lot of shades of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are neat blocks! I like all the different purples! I find purple kind of challenging to photograph at times, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple is a hard color to work in with. It's either bluish or pinkish. I really like that purple and blue batik, ties them together so well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to PURPLE month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cog blocks. I love purple because some look a little off colour like your pink/purple block.

    ReplyDelete