Saturday 6 January 2018

2018 Rainbow Scrap Challenge

A New Year and new fun.  Once again I will be participating in and be inspired by the RainbowScrap Challenge.  It’s such a nice way to interact with other quilter’s, get great ideas and keep on track with using up (and creating new) scraps.

To start the year I made four scrappy quarter log cabin blocks in light blue, the colour Angela at Soscrappy has picked for January.


I was inspired by a quilt I saw on Sheila’s Sew Cook and Travel blog.  Sheila is another participant in the RSC.  You can see the blog of her quilt here.


I also plan on participating in Angela (Soscrappy) and Mari’s(The Academic Quilter) 2018 Rainbow Scrap Sampler, the tutorial can be found on both blogs.  Hopefully I’ll post my first blocks next Saturday.


Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. ~ George S. Patton

7 comments:

  1. I like your quarter log cabins; all the best in creating many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment, Edith. You make me smile. Love your blue blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrappy quarter log cabin blocks. And you plan to make also the Sampler? Wow, what an energy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quarter log cabin blocks, and the inspiration quilt! It will be fun to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun block. It is going to make a great quilt in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty BLUE blocks (and a great inspiration quilt!!) Might need to replace my traditional String blocks...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your version of the quarter log cabin blocks look great! Filing this idea away for future RSC use!

    ReplyDelete