Saturday 19 August 2017

Neutral Mile a Minute quilt blocks

This morning these were on my cutting table


… because I did it, I finished 50 neutral mile a minute quilt blocks.  It was a bit obsessive, I sewed a little every day this week.  These along with finishing the quilting and binding on my One Monthly Goal (OMG) quilts.  It’s been a busy and oh sew fun week.  Five piles of 10 squares each.


All these blocks came out of this little zip-lock bag of scraps and there are still a few small scraps for some future projects.  Last week this bag was full, it’s amazing that there was a whole quilt (and then some) in that little bag!


I did add the odd little zing of colour in a rainbow theme to some of the blocks.


What a fun week for me, next I’ll lay them out to see how it looks.  The little squares measure 7 ½ inches unfinished, I’m not sure if I want to sash them, as I think I might just want the blocks to just blend into each other.  I'm also not sure what I would sash a neutral quilt with?  We’ll see how it goes and perhaps next week I’ll post a picture of my end results.

I made these blocks inspired by the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, we are playing with neutrals for the month of August.

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. ~ Maya Angelou

10 comments:

  1. I came across your blog through Scrap Happy Saturday. It looks like you did some marathon piecing this week. It is indeed amazing how far those scraps can go. Thanks for sharing! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! great job reducing that bag to a fraction of its former self! It will be interesting to see how you end up setting the blocks, with or without sashing, neutral or color, etc. I hope the coming week is just as productive for you as this last one was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great blocks - especially the pop of color in each one! I'm looking forward to seeing how your quilt comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also was amazed at how my scraps are disappearing with the 25 blocks for a baby quilt. It,really is obsessive, but fun. I love your tiny touches of color and that your blocks are mostly white. Can't wait to see your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your LIGHT NEUTRAL blocks!! The pops of color adds just the right amount of interest. What I want to know is... Just how BIG was that bag of scraps?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little a day sounds like a very good plan to me! They look awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY productive week! Lovely neutral blocks. Wonder how they would look with a pretty blue sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many blocks from such a little bag. LOL! I knew it would happen. Those scraps always seem to multiply when we are not looking. You did very well using these up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a productive week! Love the little pops of colors in your neutral blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go! Fifty blocks is amazing.

    ReplyDelete