Wednesday 22 February 2017

Pillowcases

I have such a fabric stash that I would like to use, that I don’t often feel like adding to it when visiting quilting stores, and I do want to support quilt stores, so lately rather then buying fat quarters I’ve been purchasing enough fabric to make a pillowcase or two.  They sew up quickly, and I’m happy to have a finished usable product right away instead of more fabric sitting on my shelf.

One day when my grandson Owen walked into my house and said “Grandma, if you ever wanted to, you could make me a pillowcase.” I found this fun Sock Monkey fabric and made a pillowcase for both grandsons, Owen and Mace.




Another day I was  going through my fabric stash and came upon these larger pieces of clown fabrics, I remembered that my son Callum’s friend Seth likes clown, so I made him a pair of pillowcases, Callum tells me he loves them.  I actually have enough fabric left to make two or three more for my grandsons.  One of Owen’s quilts is backed with the clown fabric already.  So much clown fabric.


A couple of summers ago I was in Toronto in the garment district and came upon a gorgeous piece of linen,  I love linen pillowcases, so bought enough to make a set for me and my husband.  I was overwhelmed looking at fabrics in Toronto, such selection and fabric store after fabric store, I really had trouble buying anything, there was so much to choose from.  I did buy this linen and a piece of Liberty of London, as well as a piece of blue and white shirting.





These pillowcases were make using the burrito method.  My favourite way to make pillowcases, as it leaves no unfinished seams.

1 comment:

  1. I love making burrito pillowcases as gifts, and everyone seems to enjoy them. I made at least a dozen this last December!

    ReplyDelete