Thursday 30 June 2016

Owen’s Creeper quilt

This quilt was made for my grandson Owen who likes to play Minecraft and asked me if I would make him a Creeper (a character from Minecraft) quilt.  He walked into my house one day and said “Grandma, if you ever have time I have an idea for a quilt that you could make for me.” Of course I was interested, he then showed me some pictures on the internet and we looked through my fabric to get an idea of colours. So I made this quilt as a gift for his eleventh birthday last month, it's twin bed size.
Creeper quilt
I got some family help and we decided that the Square Dance pantograph by Anne Bright was just the right compliment to the design of the quilt.
Square Dance pantograph
Loaded on the Long-arm and just about to begin quilting.

Quilting in progress.


A closer look at Creeper.
Owen's Creeper quilt

A cozy flannel for the back.

I sent if off to Owen for his birthday and I got a phone call, he loves his quilt, grandma and grandson happy!

Owen’s Creeper quilt is my ‘finish’ for the second quarter of the 2016 Finish A Long, be sure to check out some of the many other finished projects, and perhaps join in for the third quarter.

The finish line is just the beginning of a whole new race.

1 comment:

  1. I love all that green and the Minecraft quilts are such fun to make. I know that the gamers love them too. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global hosts.

    ReplyDelete