Saturday 6 June 2015

Blue for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge



It seems I’ve taken a break from blogging, so now it is time to get back with it.  Thank goodness for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, run by Angela at soscrappy which helps to keep me on the ‘straight and narrow’ of quilting and posting.
 
This month we are working on blue, and I’ve completed more little four-patches for the Rainbow Rows quilt I am working on.  The strips for these little four-patches are cut at one and a half inches, so the little squares finish at one inch, the four-patches will finish at two inches.  I’m enjoying working through my scraps – so many memories held in all those fabrics.
 
Here are 60 little four-patches, a little straggler looking for a partner and a few two and a half inch leader/enders for a future postage stamp quilt (looks like a green one snuck in there).
Blue four-patches
I’m using Lissa Alexander’s pattern as a guide and it calls for 120 blue four-patches, so I happily did the math and cut enough strips to make 120 little blue and background pairs, then realizing when I sewed them together to make four-patches I only had 60.  No problem, back to the scrap stash and cut more pairs now I’ll have more than the required blue four-patches and more to show for next week of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
 
Take a moment to visit Soscrappy to see what others have done with their blue scraps.

Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what becomes of those little four patches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of 4-patches! Can't wait to see what they become.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those 4 patches are tiny. Thanks for the links - there are some gorgeous scrappy quilts there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sixty 4-Patch blocks is still a fair amount of sewing for the week. LOVE that Lissa Alexander pattern!! I'll look forward to seeing your completed quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sixty...wow that is a great job. You are half way there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet blocks. Looking forward to seeing what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - those are so teeny tiny!

    ReplyDelete