Saturday 11 April 2015

Purple Four Patches



April is purple for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and the first piecing that I wanted to do was my little four-patches for my Rainbow Rows quilt.  I think I needed 15 purple four patches, however I wanted to use some of each of my purples, so I’ve ended up with 35 which is good as I might want to make a baby quilt with the extras or maybe a set of pillow shams to go with the quilt.

Purple four patches
Rainbows Rows is my new Rainbow Scrap Challenge project, I found the pattern in American patchwork & Quilting April 2015 issue 133.  You can see a picture of the finished quilt at Moda Lissa’s blog.  I saw it and fell in love.  I love scrappy and this is one scrappy quilt.
 

I did do a little more purple scrap piecing however I’d like to save them for another Saturday post this month.  Be sure to take a moment to visit Soscrappy and see what others are doing for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, you might even be inspired to join us.


My next blog post will be number 300 and I have a giveaway planned, I’m not exactly sure when I’ll post, it will be sometime within the next week.

Time moves slowly, but passes quickly. ~ Alice Walker, The Color Purple

9 comments:

  1. Great job! And what an incredible quilt that you plan to do. I just might make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice little purple 4-patches! I only have a very few bits and bobs of purple--not a big section of my stash...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of pretty patches!! I'm lagging behind in my RSC sewing this month. Impending deadline quilts are taking priority. Keep sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun quilt, it will be great watching it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt. I'm going to enjoy watching your RSC four patch quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo a giveaway. From Calgary. A lumberjack?? LeeAnna who used to live in Edmonton, now near DC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that quilt bookmarked to do too! I fell in love also when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That will be a fun quilt to build; so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete