Tuesday 17 February 2015

Wilderness & Ponderosa Retreat Quilts



Pat brought me two cozy country quilts to long-arm for her, the first a flannel called Wilderness quilt, with log cabins and applique.
Wilderness quilt
Quilted with the Falling Leaves pantograph by Dave Hudson and a rust brown thread.
Falling Leaves pantograph
Pat likes plaid and Ponderosa Retreat is made with a lots of plaid, little country cabins and pine trees.
Ponderosa Retreat quilt
Another angle on those cute little houses.
Ponderosa Retreat quilt
Also quilted with the Falling Leaves pantograph, this quilt with a green split pea coloured thread.
Falling Leaves pantograph
I could easily cuddle up with one of these inviting quilts, makes me dream of a cabin and a fireplace.


I had daydreams and fantasies when I was growing up. I always wanted to live in a log cabin at the foot of a mountain. I would ride my horse to town and pick up provisions. Then return to the cabin, with a big open fire, a record player and peace.  ~ Linda McCartney

1 comment:

  1. Both so pretty. I can imagine how warm and snuggly they are.

    ReplyDelete