Monday 2 February 2015

Mile a Minute quilt in Pink



I love the Mile a Minute quilt, probably because I love using up scraps, I like the look of scrappy quilts and I also like all the bits of memory that are held in each piece of fabric.
  
I have posted the story of my border and sashing fabric before, however I haven’t posted the finished quilt before.  Here is the story again - I was working in a Quilt shop one day and a lady came in with a generous bag of pink fabric scraps left over from a quilt she had made, she wanted to know if someone could use it.  We tried to convince her to keep it for a future project however she was not interested, so I decided to give it a good home, and here it is making these scraps come together into a Pink Quilt.
Pink Mile a Minute quilt
Pink Mile a Minute was quilted with Anne Bright’s pantograph ‘I Love It’.
'I Love It' pantograph
This quilt was donated to Absolute Dance Studio's Christmas fund raiser for the food bank.
 
If you are interested in making a Mile a Minute quilt you can find the beginning of my tutorial here, it goes on for six Tuesdays, enjoy.
 
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~ Lao Tzu

1 comment: