Wednesday 25 February 2015

Fortune Cookie Quilt by Sharron



I think Sharron had this quilt top for a while, possibly hoping to quilt it herself, I’m glad she brought it to me.  I wasn’t sure which photo I liked better, one shows the colours so nicely
Fortune Cookie quilt
And the other features the quilting.
Fortune Cookie quilt
Sharron had a lovely cushion already finished that matches this quilt, she wanted the quilting and  thread to match what she had already started.  We decided on a Rainbow variegated thread the Entangle pantograph.  I should have taken a picture of the cushion, however it was a good match.
Entangle pantograph
For some reason I took a picture while the quilt was on the machine, I like how it turned out.
Entangle pantograph
I always like back art and I think it’s nice to make use of fabric that we have, so of course I like what Sharron did with the back of her quilt.
Quilt Back Art
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others. ~ Robert A. Heinlein

2 comments: