Saturday 31 January 2015

Piecing up January for the RSC



I’ve been sewing blue blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month, I just haven’t been posting, so here they all are.
Rainbow Scrap Challenge blue blocks
Two blue Slabs, fashioned after Cheryl Arkison’s Slabs used in her quilt The Missing U from the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Cheryl Arkison and Jean Nyberg.
 
Two blue for my Paintbox quilt from Oh Fransson’s paintbox tutorial.

Two blue hearts to finish up my blocks for my Rainbow of Hearts quilt.

And some leaders and enders in blue, which will eventually become a postage stamp quilt, hopefully with a piece of almost everything in my fabric collection by the time I’m finished.

That’s it for my blue blocks for January, be sure to check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy to see what wonderful piecing others have been up to and also a link to many other inspirational quilt blogs
.
Quilting is powerful!
It gets rid of depression, relieves anxiety, and improves creative thinking.
Be powerful! - Quilt

5 comments:

  1. They all look great. Even though we now are going to pink I'm going to miss the blue. It's been wonderful seeing everything that has been made with blue scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Love your blue blocks, Edith. Especially the cute blue hearts : )
    I understand that PINK is next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun and productive month of blue quilty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, rainbow of hearts, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little blue hearts!

    ReplyDelete