Saturday 6 September 2014

RSC – Orange



Orange is the colour for September for the Rainbow ScrapChallenge.  I didn’t have any Wonky Churn Dash in orange yet, so I spent part of my Friday evening working on these two squares.
Wonky Churn Dash block
I also decided to lay out my Mile a Minute blocks that I have completed in the past year or two of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I usually sash and cornerstone these blocks, however I like how the colours are blending, so I think I’m going to sew them together as they are, then just add a zinger and border.  There is a possible border fabric in the bottom corner of this photo.
Rainbow Mile a Minute blocks
My favourite version of  Somewhere over the Rainbow is by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole, have you heard it?

8 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks and your setting really showcases them. I agree that they don't need anything else to make a lovely quilt. Your proposed border fabric certainly covers all the colours of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks and I love how that quilt is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mile a Minute rainbow is inspiring! And yes, I have heard that version of Over the Rainbow and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun orange blocks and wow is your Mile a Minute rainbow beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rainbow top looks absolutely terrific. I think you would spoil it if you put in sashing, so my opinion, for what it's worth, is leave as is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic quilt using the Mile a Minute blocks and your wonky Churn Dash is a brilliant take on the usual one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rainbow quilt-it's so pretty! Also love Israel's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Wonderful song. ��

    ReplyDelete