Thursday 21 June 2012

Blue Batik Quilt

Blue Batik Quilt

Anne’s beautiful blue batik quilt was made as a wedding gift for her niece.  We decided that the Drip pantograph from Beany Girl Quilts would be a nice quilting design for this blue quilt.

Drip pantograph


Batik is a cloth that is traditionally made using a manual wax-resist dyeing technique and I find when working with batiks that I often still smell the wax.  Traditional batik colours include indigo, dark brown, and white.

To be surrounded by beautiful things has much influence upon the human creature:  to make beautiful things has more. ~ Charlotte Perkins Gilman

4 comments:

  1. I just got that pattern and the fabric to make it up - it's for a wedding present too! My colors are more earth toned - gold, black, blue and green. I love this pattern and look forward to piecing it. Your quilting choice is great - gives me inspiration. Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev, I am enjoying the beautiful quilting and pictures on your blog and I still intend to do a blog post on the Liebster (and other) nominations. I have to work at keeping up with my blogging.

      Delete
  2. what is the name of this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Nova from Kim Brackett's book Scrap Basket Sensations.

      Delete