Wednesday 23 May 2012

Double Wedding Ring Quilt

Double Wedding Ring Quilt

Today is my 25th wedding anniversary, so I’m posting a picture of my Double Wedding Quilt which is also the background of my blog.

This is the first quilt I made after taking the beginning class at a local quilt shop (many years ago).  I decided to make a queen size quilt and got the top done promptly, originally I thought I might hand quilt it however after practicing on another quilt (for several years) I have realized hand quilting is not for me.  I eventually took it to Colleen Tessier – a local longarm quilter and she did a beautiful job quilting it, this was before I bought my APQS Millennium longarm quilting machine.

Close-up of quilting
The double-ring ceremony, or use of wedding rings for both partners, is a relatively recent innovation.  Originally worn by wives only, wedding rings became customary for both husbands and wives during the 20th century.

Chains do not hold a marriage together.  It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.  ~Simone Signoret

3 comments:

  1. What a beauty Edith! I bought the templates to make this quilt, hum! probably 5 years ago - still not happening???? Yours is quite the inspiration - gorgeous! Hope to see you at Heritage Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith, I really enjoy your posts and have nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog! I love this quilt - very soft and feminine. Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quote, and very appropriate. Congrats on 25 years.

    ReplyDelete